7) brief reference to the chromatic walking bass line in "Money" by Pink Floyd-10:55
8 )Em pentatonic chord shapes-11:42
9) "blues box" with Em pentatonic chord shapes-15:03
10) playing the Em pentatonic scale up and down on individual strings using note groupings (GAB & DE)-15:53
11) using sliding and bending articulations with the Em pentatonic scale-20:08
12) 5 note Em pentatonic scale pattern in groupings (GAB-DE) in "3" different octaves across the fingerboard and a brief reference to the G major pentatonic harmonic application-21:53
In this guitar etude, I am playing a late 80's Ibanez Artist with a Seymour Duncan Jazz pickup (neck pick-up-series) through a Custom Billm Modified Fender Blues Junior in a custom designed cherry wood cabinet with a Jensen Special Design C15N speaker. I am using a red amethyst guitar pick., D'Addario NYXL Nickel Wound Strings 09-42 and a Horizon right angle cable.
The audio was recorded with an iPhone 6s Plus using the Voice Memos app with a RØDE iXY Stereo Microphone. I'm using both an ATS Acoustic Bass Trap - 24 x 48 x 4 and a DIY acoustic baffle made from "8" pieces of 16 x 48 x 2 Ultra Touch Denim Insulation placed about 12 inches behind the amp.
For audio mastering, I've added a compressor and limiter in GarageBand. There is no EQ or reverb added.
?People fall so in love with their pain, they can?t leave it behind. The same as the stories they tell. We trap ourselves.?